Historic Halfway House Official Opening and Open Day
Gold coin entry
Sunday, 29th October from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
246 Middleton Road, Glenside Reserve. Halfway between Wellington and Porirua. Beside Twiglands Garden Centre and Café Thyme.
10:00 a.m. Speeches and ribbon cutting ceremony
Heritage Gardeners plant table
Pet a pony
No on-site parking
Shoes off when going inside
Pushchairs, prams and pets remain outside
Enjoy the spacious grounds
Organised by Glenside Progressive Assn. Inc. in partnership with Wellington City Council. Donations will go toward a framed historic sketch of the Halfway House as it was in 1849, to be hung in the interior. The Halfway House is the name of a former coach stop on the old road to Porirua.